Monday, August 30, 2010

Traditions

The dictionary definition
a specific custom or practice of long standing

Couldn't have defined it any better :-)

My family has many traditions that occur during the year, and we celebrated one just this past Saturday.  The end of summer and the beginning of the school year is always met with mixed feelings.  I can clearly remember this time or year growing up.  Most years I was excited about starting school, but it was hard to end the days of sleeping in, staying up late, and fixing Macaroni and Cheese for lunches. 
One fond memory I had of summer time was learning how to fix Kraft Mac and Cheese.  I thought I was uber cool cause I could do it, when my older brother Curtis couldn't.  I'm sure he only messed it up once, but I never let him live it down.  (He put the noodles in before the water boiled, that was it...but it was ruined, lol) 
I'm not sure how this tradition started, but I supposed most don't remember the hows or whys, we just enjoy doing them.  The Spaghetti Factory Restaurant is the place, and Dinner is what we eat.  All together as a family, the whole extended family.  Started out with Aunt and Uncles, Cousins, and now its grown with Nephews, Nieces, and 2nd cousins.  Its always been The Spaghetti Factory, but the locations have changed through out the years.  My favorite is the Seattle location, but sometimes its easier to meet in Tacoma or Lynnwood, and this year, the newest restaurant in Tukwila. 
We are so fortunate that it worked out for most to enjoy dinner this year.  With work, soccer, and baseball games, we found one Saturday evening that was free.  The food is always great, but the Tradition itself is even greater!

The Group for 2010!
Happy Beginning of the School Year to Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment