Friday, February 4, 2011

Broken Hearts

Oh bummer I can't find where I found this craft at, if I find it I will add it in.  I changed things up a bit to fit Angelina who is 5, but the root "game" was thought up by someone else.

Angelina knows how to count to 100 and can say each number by looking at it.  We are moving on to actually reading the numbers in word form.  Starting slow with 1-10.  To help her with this we made our Broken hearts.



As you can see I cut out 10 identical hearts.  One side of the heart I drew the number, on the other side I wrote the number out in word form.  Then I cut each heart into a broken heart.  I was careful to cut each broken heart out the same as I knew she would just try to match each heart as in a puzzle, and I really needed to her be paying attention to the actual word.  (With me on this?)  She was really excited to try something new, and even played it three times in a row.

The first time I put all the words in a pile, then all the numbers in another.  She took a number the had to find the word.  We did it the opposite way next, then I mixed it up on the third time.  She was so proud she showed Daddy right when he got home. 

Just thought I would share this idea, it was quite simple and a lot of fun, never mind a learning tool!!!  Happy Friday Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent for matching uppercase and lowercase letters as well! Good job!

    ReplyDelete