Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Our Bodies Are Smarter Then We Are

Why is it when you can't have something, you want it all the more?

This can be anything from Food, to Love, to More Time, to even things like a new car, or new job.  The min. we say NO to ourselves, its the same min we want it even more then before.  Or we get reminders of it, we start seeing that new car everywhere, we see commercials of that Dairy Queen Blizzard, the clock seems to tick faster.  I'm sure everyone has experienced this before.

My experience today is that of Food.  Yesterday's Post I shared how I wasn't going to deprive myself of anything.  I'm done giving up Meat, Dairy, Food in general, and even though its only been 1/2 of a day, I'm feeling great.  Better then I have felt in a long time.  I woke up this morning, exercised by walking 1 mile to my DvD.  I had energy and the drive to make home made pancakes for breakfast, and only had 3 small ones, a teeny bit of syrup with cut up pears on top.  I felt no need to sneak a piece of Halloween candy, strange as that is.

Me and Angelina walked to Safeway to pick up her new movie that she knew came out on TUESDAY!  Toy Story 3.  If you have never tried Safeway's Chinese Express, I urge you to.  Its great tasting Chinese Food, on a budget.  Most times whenever I walk over there I take lunch home with me, feeling guilty as I do.  Today I didn't even have the slightest craving for it, strange once again.

Since I have given up dairy, and processed foods, I have been craving Kraft Mac and Cheese, like no other!  Today at Safeway when you bought Toy Story 3, you got a few items for free, one being a box of Kraft Mac and Cheese Toy Story Shapes.  We got home, getting ready to fix lunch, and amazingly enough the drive to have Mac and Cheese was no longer there, and we had a tuna sandwich instead!  Unbelievably Strange with a capital S!!!

This just proves to me that its not a good idea to tell yourself NO to things.  That your body, an amazing machine, will take care of itself. 

Enjoy your Tuesday!!!! 

Have any of you experienced this first hand?  I'm curious!

1 comment:

  1. As a matter of fact, I have. Now that I have given myself the approval to have a drink whenever I feel the urge, I have had little to no desire. But if I want chocolate, I still have to have it! hee hee

    Great blog Mar! <3

    ReplyDelete