Sunday, October 10, 2010

Patch Counting and Pumpking to 100

Confused by the title?

I thought I would work this post today into two parts.  I finally received a Saturday off from work yesterday.  We decided to have what we call a "Family Day," which means we go out and do something as a family, Our Family of Three!

After Mike made some extra cash mowing with my dad, he came home showered up, and we left the house.  Making a necessary stop at Starbucks first.  We headed south to a Pumpkin Patch. 

After doing alot of research on which one to pick, we settled on one that was about a 15min drive, close to the free way, and free to just look around.  It was a U Pick Patch, which was fun to see all the pumpkins still on their vines.  Even though we ended up picking one that was already picked off, go figure.  They also offered hay rides ($3 a person) and two corn field mazes ($7 for adults).  But unfortunately with the rain that joined us, we didn't take advantage of those adventures.  It was about all I could do to trudge through the mud in my tennis shoes.  (Which by the way we had put snow boots on Angelina)

Mike picked out a wagon for us to chauffeur our pumpkin around.  Angelina had equal time of towing it around too.  Me?  I just made sure the camera was in safe keeping.  We came away with a Jumbo Pumpkin, and 2 Sugar Pumpkins.  Just for your curiosity the Jumbo Pumpkin weighed in at a whoppin' 23 pounds, (Mike guessed no more then 10pounds lol, that's my estimator)  at $.33 a pound.  And the two Sugar Pumpkins were 2/$4.  But the pumpkin patch trip was...well you guessed it...Priceless!

Here are some photos of our Family Day








I like to share as much of our homeschooling as possible.  Its hard to blog about worksheets and reading, but I found a cute way to share how much Angelina is learning!  I used our FlipCam to record her counting to 100.  I am very proud of her, and watching this video cracks me up every time.  She can be so sassy in front of a Cam!

No comments:

Post a Comment