Monday, September 13, 2010

As Promised

Here is the recipe for the Unbeetable Chocolate Cake I made yesterday...if anyone of you make it let me know how you like it!

http://www.rightathome.com/Food/Recipes/Pages/UnbeetableChocolateCake.aspx


I'll start off by saying, its a very long prep process, but its the best cake I have ever tasted.  And no you can not taste the beets in it at all, but the beets are what makes the cake so so so moist!  Did I tell you its delicious?  :-)

I'll let you read and follow the recipe but I thought I would chime in on a few things.  You could prep the beets earlier in the day or even the day before, that would have been better.  You have to boil the beets until they are soft when pierced with a fork, much like potatoes when making mash potatoes.  Then you have to peel the skin off, which works great using a paper towel...but make sure you have plenty cause I used 1-2 per beet.  And your fingers will turn a beautiful beet color, but does wash off, trust me. 

Be prepared to bake the cake for a while.  It takes all of the 45mins they say it will.  They do offer a glaze for the cake, which I did not do since Mike doesn't like icing, but it sounds tasty.  It says that the glaze will get firm...dreamy chocolate!  Maybe next time.  But I did sprinkle some powdered sugar on top, mainly for looks.  Just a FYI, probably not a good idea to do on a Birthday Cake with Candles that need to be blown out!  LOL  Yeah powdered sugar all over the table....but hey it was a good laugh! 

So there you have it.  A cake that no one will guess the ingredients, as long as you tell them the cake name after they ate it!  :-)

Sorry I have no pictures, I was at my parents house making the cake and forgot the camera!  I'll be sure to bake this one again, and will photograph the process!

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment