Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Mae's Smashin' Cauliflower

Here is a good recipe for anyone that wants to add more veggies in their own diet or in their family's diet.  Maybe without them knowing :-)

This I'm going to call,

Mae's Smashin' Cauliflower

I am always looking for a way to "hide" veggies, and these resemble Mash Potatoes.  The following are the ingredients you will need

1 Whole Cauliflower
Water
Green Onions
Garlic
Pepper
Butter
Milk

First Step: Cut the greens off of the cauliflower.  Cut the remaining parts into big chunks.  Put it into a sauce pan with enough water to be able to boil the cauliflower.  (Like my measurements?)
Second Step: Boil until the cauliflower is soft.  In the mean time you can cut the green onions, and garlic.
Third Step: Drain the cauliflower, and smash it much like you would when making mash potatoes. 
Forth Step:  Add in about 1 tablespoon of butter, and enough milk to your desired consistency. *

*Helpful Hint, don't add too much milk (like I did) it became soupy and cooled the cauliflower down too much.  I put them back on the burner which was no problem, but made dinner a bit later then I wanted. 


Fifth Step:  Add in the green onions, garlic, and sprinkle pepper. 
Final Step:  Enjoy!

As I was writing this I had some extra ideas.  Using a bit of sour cream, also adding in some bacon bits.  Pretty much use the motto "The Skies the Limit!"


Let me know if you try this recipe.  It had a "Make it Again" review in my home!

No comments:

Post a Comment